Monday, July 25, 2011

Addie's Two Week Photoshoot

Adalyne is a total doll! We just love having her in our family! So much has happened since she was born and I feel like she changes and grows each day.


Week one stats:


Weight: 6 lbs 3 oz (8th percentile)
Height: 19 in (19th percentile)


apparently her cone head was really long cuz she lost an inch between the hospital and her week one check up. :)


Week two stats:


Weight: 7 lbs 2 ozs!
Height: 19 in


We were so proud of Addie (and so relieved) that she gained 15 oz in a week! She was struggling to breastfeed for the first week and since she had low blood sugar levels at the hospital, I had to use a nipple shield, syringe and feeding tube to get her to eat. By the end of week two, I had weaned her off of everything (with some tears on both of our parts), but I wasn't sure if she was getting enough to eat...but 15 oz means that she was gaining 1.5 oz a day! Whoohooo!


Now she is growing and changing like crazy. We love her so much. Some of the things she does at two weeks:


~~She already smiles...big toothless, wide mouthed smiles that have nothing to do with gas and everything to do with mom and dad.
~~She LOVES to sleep with both of her arms straight up by her head, almost like she is riding a rollercoaster.
~~She loves to snuggle into our chests for skin-to-skin time.
~~She is so alert and is already able to follow us around the room with her eyes. One time, after daddy finished changing a diaper, she watched him walk all the way out of the room, craning her head to follow him out the door.~~She hates to be swaddled and her little arms and legs fight like crazy to get out, but she sleeps so much better that way.
~~She loves to have her legs pulled up close to her bum in an Indian-style cross at all times (except when changing a diaper and then she kicks with all her might)
~~She has been able to lift her head since day 4 and has been getting stronger and stronger every day. She can now hold her head up for more than 30 seconds!
~~She has discovered the power of her legs and is using them to move around and position herself already...I think we might have an early crawler.
~~She enjoys tummy time, but is more interested in trying to use her legs to scoot herself around than in lifting her head.
~~She loves to lay horizontally across daddy's tummy - she starts vertically with her head on his left peck, but she uses her legs and she slowly squirms her way down his chest, turning herself until her legs hang off the left side and her head hangs off the right side and then she sighs and goes to sleep...cutest thing ever.
~~She purses her lips into the tiniest "o" and raises her eyebrows to wrinkle her forehead and looks around at the world like, "oh my."
~~She has a serious set of lungs when she is mad...and she can go from a peaceful sleep to a screaming roar in 2 seconds flat.
~~She has what we call "karate hands"...they never sit still (which is why the swaddle is a necessity for bedtime).


Already she has such a little personality. It amazes me to see how quickly she has become a little individual. Thankfully, we got to document her at two weeks...My wonderful sister-in-law, Bethany Ricks, is an amazing photographer and willingly took many hours out of her time to take some fabulous photos of little Addie... I've posted some of my favorites below...there are probably WAY too many, but I just love them all. Thanks so much Bethany! (PS - If any of you are interested in giving her a call to do pictures for you, let me know!)


Also, we finally made it to AZ safely, we are in the process of moving in and organizing...more on that later and I hope to find our mail key soon so that I can post pictures of Adalyne's baby blessing which we got to do before we moved.


















































8 comments:

Whitney said...

Adorable!

Rowley Family said...

So cute! I'm so glad to see you updated! Call me when you have settled in!

Casey said...

She is even prettier than when we saw her at the hospital- Looks more like you Aly! Too cute.

Tan + Es said...

So cute! I love the pictures,too. You look amazing!
Also so glad you made it to AZ safely, but I'm disappointed we didn't make it up to see you before you left! We kept saying that we needed to call, but at this large point, I have a hard time waddling to work every day. :)
Keep in touch! We miss you!

Brandon and Katie said...

she's perfect!!!! miss you guys

Steffanie said...

She is adorable!! Congrats! And glad you made it safely to AZ! We are/do miss you!

Melissa said...

Miss baby Adalyne so much! What a cutie and can't wait to see her (and you, of course) again. :)

Steffanie said...

So cute!! I know I already commented but I can't get on facebook while I'm at parent teacher conferences and I miss you! I don't have anyone to talk to! You probably won't see this for quite awhile though. You're baby is so cute!!