Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh, Junior High

A few funny anecdotes from the past few weeks that I know were funnier in the moment, but I don't want to forget them:

A student in one of my math classes had reached the end of her rope when shen looked up at me with exasperation and stated,"You, like, expect us to be math heroes!"

A random intercom announcement from this week: "Please jump down from your perch on the windowsill."

I told a student that he was talking over me and he retorted, "No, I'm not. I'm talking under you..."

A student recently made a comment that sadly denoted the failing struggle the family is having in this modern world: A fellow teacher was married recently and had changed her name. She and a student were discussing her marriage when he said, "Do you live together?"
She laughed and said, "Of course we live together...we're married."
He sadly replied, "Yeah, but lots of people are married and they don't live together..."

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just laughed out loud at the PERCH ON THE WINDOW SILL announcement. Classic.