Saturday, February 14, 2009

I am a terrible blogger...but I am repenting

Time is just flying by and I am so terrible at blogging. Thankfully, I have some very close friends that keep on top of it and remind me dutifully to update my blog...so this is for Kenz and Katie.
But wow...there is so much to tell in the past 3 months that I haven't written. I think I will just post pics from these past couple months and skip to writing about this week...This week has been a little crazy! Jon and I have both been sick (I don't think Jon ever gets better). He had bronchitis and I just had a little cold, but being sick is so miserable! We just finished our midterms this week, which were terrible, but at least they are done for now.
Oh! I also got a second job so that I can build up my resume for teaching. It is only 6 hours a week and I get fabulous pay. I will be teaching SAT prep for math, reading, and writing at a boarding school. I get excited every time I think about it! I will be teaching lower level students and I am nervous that I will fail miserably at teaching, but I get excited when I think about the good experience it will be!
This past week, we had a a lot of fun because one of our really good friends got married, Matt and Brianna Reynolds (see pics below)! Because of that, the boys had a bachelor party and the girls had a girl's night (dinner, movie, and lots of treats). But after our party ended, the night wasn't so fun because the single guys of the bachelor party group made it into an ALL-NIGHT thing. Us wives tried to be supportive of them having fun, but I was sad. This was the first night away from Jon since our marriage and it was so dumb! I slept on a couch at Courtney's house with my blankie...it was so depressing! Jon came and got me early in the morning and we went home and slept. We have decided that there will be NO more sleep overs with just the boys.

But the actual wedding was so wonderful! Jon and I haven't been to a sealing in almost 8 months, and it was so good to listen to the covenants and promises that we made. I am so excited for them and so excited to have another wife to hang out with!
Matt and Brianna
And today is Valentine's Day! This is our first as a married couple and I am excited. I used to hate Valentine's Day, but I think I am really starting to love it! Jon made me breakfast in bed and has surprise plans for tonight...I LOVE surprises.

Well, here are some more pictures from the wedding and several pictures from earlier in the year! There are a lot of them, but I figure that pictures are the best way to catch up and they are the most fun to look at!
Randalls and Carters at the reception
Jon and I professing our love on the temple steps
Jon and I at the wedding reception
The Low's baby, Joiee, the baby I am completely and totally obsessed with
Brotherhood Hugs
Me and Courtney at the wedding
All the boys in line
My family going Christmas tree hunting

Jon and I at the Jazz game


My cute parents and their prize winning tree

Friends playing traveling jenga

The brotherhood and respective wives and friends at Christmas

4 comments:

Rowley Family said...

Thanks for finally blogging...now if you can just keep doing it...:) love ya

Marilee said...

I bawled the first night I was away from Peter, about 4 months after we got married. In fact, I still cry every time he's away! I totally understand. Glad to see you blogging again. I am pretty bad too so it is good to see I am not the only one!

NICOLE said...

i do not see the picture of the baby joiee you were telling me about today! but nice to read up on your life hee hee even tho you told me about it a couple hours ago :)

Melissa said...

We love the pics. Keep them coming! You two look so great together. Wish we could see you more often.